It is time to experience
Frosty weather calls for fun winter activities for the whole family at Cooks Bay Marina. Come out and enjoy a unique ice fishing experience at Ontario’s favourite lake.
Experience the excitement of ice fishing from the warmth of your heated hut.
Make winter memorable at Cooks Bay Marina.
If you would like to extend your stay with us
Lodging is available. Spend a night in the comfort of one of our rooms.
Tips & Hints
“Dress in warm, winter, and waterproof attire. This includes: warm gloves, a touque, snow boots, winter coat, snow pants, etc.”
“Always bring an
“Make sure to always have a companion while on the ice!”
“While walking on the snow, be mindful of the thickness of ice: 4 inches of clear ice or 6 inches of cloudy ice is the golden rule.”
“Bring a flashlight”
DAY HUT RATES (no half-day)
- All guests over 12 are $60/per person (up to 6 people). For renting a hut, the minimum is $180 plus tax.
- FREE kids 12 and under
(Fishing rod & one scoop of minnows is included)
- Max of 6 people per hut
- Extra minnows $10/scoop
- $10 Stick rentals (rod or wooden stick, line, hook, and weight included), first-come, first-serve.
- Early arrival at 6:30 am and must be off the ice before 4:00 pm.
- The rate includes a heated hut with a cooking top, a taxi from and to the hut, one scoop of minnows per hut, and parking for one car (extra cars are charged at $10 each. Also, trailers are extra $10).
- Payment is due in full upon arrival at the meeting spot.
Ice fishing is associated with the risk of injury. Remain safe and participate at your own risk.