This year Boating Ontario has implemented the Clean Boater Pledge Program. This is a pilot program that is focusing on the Lake Simcoe Watershed, and there is hope to expand to the rest of the province when the pilot is over. Boating Ontario hopes to bring awareness to clean boating practices through events, publications, and the virtual signing of the Clean Boater Pledge. The following are the practices covered under the Clean Boater Pledge
- Recycle and keep Ontario Waterways free of refuse and garbage
- Practice proper fueling techniques
- Keep a clean, oil-free bilge and use oil absorbent bilge socks or mats
- Use proper pumpout facilities
- Support Boating Ontario Clean Marine marinas (like us!)
- Promote Clean Boater Practices at all time
There will also be several Clean Boater events throughout the summer. The next one is on Wednesday, July 25 in conjunction with Parks Canada at the Lock at Port Severn. Sign the Clean Boater Pledge. Find the booth by the fuel dock.
Check out https://cleanboater.boatingontario.ca/ to sign the pledge or to find out more information. A little work by all of us can go a long way!